No teams lost this past weekend, although a few had close calls. On the boys side, Neuqua Valley, North Central, Danbury, Crater and North Penn each won state championships, while Jesuit accomplished the feat on the girls side. As the season wraps up, the top teams emerge.
MileSplit National Team Power Rankings (Nov. 6)
1. Albuquerque Academy (NM) - Won their district meet by a 28-65 margin despite sitting out their 3-5 runners.
2. Neuqua Valley (IL) - Neuqua Valley won the Boys AAA state title, beating defending champion York 86-105.
3. North Central (WA) - Using a spread of only 49 seconds, North Central won state scoring a mere 36 points.
4. Danbury (CT) - After winning their class championships the weekend before, Danbury won the CT State Open Championships. Placing three runners in the top nine capped the victory.
5. Wheat Ridge (CO) - Season Complete.
6. Los Alamos (NM) - Swept first through seventh as they rolled to the team title at the district championships.
7. North Penn (PA) - Using a nice spread of 1:07, including a top six runners, North Penn beat the field at the Pennsylvania State Championships, taking home the top prize.
8. Murrieta Valley (CA) - Facing some stiff competition at their league finals, Murrieta Valley used five runners in the top ten to push them to a nice team win.
9. The Woodlands (TX) - A dominating performance over Cedar Park and Georgetown at their regional places the Woodlands in this week's power rankings. The squad lost to Cedar Park at the Nike South Invitational, however, the momentum this team is building seemingly can't be beat.
10. Brookline (MA) - Ran without a full lineup as the bigger meets lay ahead.
Out: Crater (OR) - Their two point margin of victory was a little too close, as their back end did not lower their point total.
1. Fayetteville-Manlius (NY) - Using their usual pack, F-M scored a perfect 15 at their sectional championships. The team used a 17:57 3.05 mile average to push away the rest of the field, running a nice 52 second split.
2. Saugus (CA) - Saugus won their league finals in dominant fashion. The team from California continues to show their power in numbers, as leaders Katie Dunn and Anne Randall placed 1-2.
3. Eldorado (NM) - Scoring only 17 points, Eldorado soundly beat the competition at their district championships.
4. Mountain Brook (AL) - Mountain Brook's sectional seemed more of an intersquad meet than an actual race. The team placed 1-10, with Madeline Morgan winning the individual title.
5. Saratoga Springs (NY) - While earning a big Section 2-AA title over Shenendehowa, Saratoga Springs continued their dominance as of late. The team placed five runners in the top eleven, led by race champion Hannah Davidson.
6. Westfield (IN) - Season Complete.
7. Jesuit (OR) - Strength in numbers seemed to be the motto of the weekend for Jesuit. Placing their top five in the top 17 scoring spots in the race propelled the team to a 35-63 state championship.
8. Burnt-Hills (NY) - Won a close battle over tough running Queensbury 33-36 in the Section 2-A race. Placing five runners in the top eleven, B-H ran an impressive 17:55 average.
9. Yankton (SD) - Season Complete.
10. Dakota Ridge (CO) - Season Complete.