Results from around the nation: (New results being posted all week!)
The outdoor season is rolling along and MileSplit will bring you the action each and every week right here. Keep checking back!!
- Videos: Octavious Freeman Interview | Marvin Bracy Interview | Many more here
- Coverage Article
- Photo albums: DigitalPixel | John Calderon
- Miami Northwestern (FL) (Photo, left) won an epic 4x400 battle with St. Thomas Aquinas with both teams smashing the meet record while being credited with the same time of 3:11.49! The difference was 2-thousandths of a second! St. Thomas Aquinas splits: 47.75, 45.66, 48.50 and 49.27.
- Boyd Anderson wasn't done after the 4x1, blasting a US#2 3:47.77 4x400 to edge Miami Northwestern, US#4 3:48.72.
- Boyd Anderson (FL) crushed the old US#1 in the 4x100 with a winning time of 45.68 with Lake Wales running 2nd with a US#2 45.72 clocking.
- St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) impressed in the boys 4x100 relay with a US#1 winning time of 40.68.
- Charlotte (FL) took the boys 4x800 relay with a state-leading time of 7:51.71. The time is also US#1. Miami Central (FL) was 2nd with a US#2 clocking of 7:52.82.
- American Heritage (FL) won the girls 4x800 over Miami Northwestern (FL) with a time of 9:27.68 to 9:32.13.
- Chiles (FL) won the girls 4x1600 meter relay with a meet record time of 20:56.31. The old record was 21:01.91 by Eleanor Roosevelt (MD) from 2005.
- Charlotte (FL) took the boys 4x1600 win, also with a meet record, in a time of 17:40.83. The mark too down the 17:42.24 record by Atlantic Community (FL) from 2000.
- Armando Del-Valle (Christopher Columbus) won the boys 1600 convincingly with a time of 4:11.49.
- Lily Williams (Chiles) won the girls 1600 with a thrilling last lap duel in a US#5 mark of 4:52.05 with Kacy Smith (Estero) 2nd in 4:52.39.
- Octavious Freeman (Sr., Lake Wales) broke the 11 year old meet record running an 11.29 in the 100 meter dash.
- Junior Marvin Bracy (Boone) ran another blistering 100 meter dash finishing with a 10.26 wind aided time. Bracy owns the 100 meter US#1 spot with a 10.28 un-aided time.
- Kathryn Fluehr (Naples) won the girls 3200 with a time of 10:36.97.
- In 34 degrees with off and on sleet and rain, Allison Updike (Sr., Tamaqua) improved her US#2 mark, in the javein, from 144-9 to 155-4.
- Lauren Kenney (State College, PA) won the Javelin with a US#3 144-3
- Billy Stanley of South Park became the new NATIONAL LEADER in the javelin with a mark of 206-7!
- David Reinhardt of Bradford Area was 2nd with a US#3 mark of 201-1
Sam Howell Invitational (NJ)
- Joe Lanzalotto article
- Edward Cheserek (NJ) competed in a collegiate 3000 steeplechase and finished 2nd with an impressive clocking of 9:00.11, breaking numerous records in the process. Check out the article above for more info!
Photos by Tim Loreman
- Aaron Ernest (AL) rolled in the boys 100m with a US#1 time of 10.17! He also won the 200 with a time of 20.86, setting the meet record.
- East Ascension (LA) won the boys 4x100 with a US#4 clocking of 41.29.
- Baton Rouge (LA) ran US#3 in the 4x100 with a clocking of 46.40.
- Morgann Leleux (LA) won the pole vault for the 2nd straight year with a meet record height of 13-2.
- Andreas Duplantis (LA) set a meet record in the boys pole vault with a height of 16-07.
- Houston (TN) won the boys 4x800 with a time of 7:55.68.
Mountain Brook (AL) won the girls 4x800 with a time of 9:19.43.
- Shakeela Saunders (NC) won the girls long jump with a leap of 18-06.50.
- Nichole Freeman (LA) won the girls javelin with a meet record toss of 137-05.
- Devante Davis (TX) flew in the boys triple jump with a leap of 51-04 to win by 5 feet!
- Kenneth Minkah (TX) won the boys 110 hurdles with a time of 13.67 and the 300 hurdles with a US#4 time of 37.23.
- DeSoto won the boys 4x200 with a US#3 time of 1:26.41 and the boys 4x400 with a time of 3:16.59
- Fort Bend Elkins won the girls 4x200 with a US#2 time of 1:39.22.
- Kiersten Duncan (TX) won the girls 200 dash with a US#6 time of 24.11.
- Humble Atascocita won the girls 4x400 relay with a time of 3:53.92.
- The boys 800 meter run was the race of the night as 3 runners broke the 1995 meet record of 1:53.00. Myles Andrew (Sr., Long Beach Poly) won the race in 1:51.69, moving into the US#1 spot. Josh Kingsland (Sr., Woodbridge) finished 2nd in 1:52.19 for a US#3 and Chris Hall took 3rd with a 1:52.94 and a US#7.
- The girls 800 meter run was equally as impressive as 2 runners jumped to US#1 and US#2. Gabrielle Scott (Sr., Woodbridge) won the event in 2:10.60 followed by Katherine Delaney (Sr., JSerra) in 2:10.76. Dynasty Gammage (Sr., Long Beach Poly) finished 3rd in 2:12.99 for a US#4.
- Jonathan Berry-Smith (Sr., Oxford Academy) won the boys 400 meter dash with a US#7 time of 47.92.
Crimson Tide Classic (DC)
- Ronald Darby (MD) won the 100 meter dash with a time of 10.72.
- Olivia Ekpone (MD) doubled with wins in the 100 dash (11.99) and 200 dash (24.51).
CNU Captains Classic (VA)
- Sophomore Jacob Burcham (WV) won the 1600 meter run with a time of 4:13.69. He also won the 800 with a time of 1:57.47.