Gunnar Nixon set the new international record as he crossed the finish line in the 1500 Meter Run (left). Photo right - Sarah Baxter anchored Simi Valley to victory in the 4x1600.
Photos by Margot Kelly/AZTrackXC.com
On Site Coverage
- Photo Album by Pat Bendzick
- Photo Album by Margot Kelly
- Video Interviews: Gunnar Nixon | Long Beach Poly 4x2 | Rio Mesa 4x2 | Xavier College Prep | Redondo High | St. Mary's High | Loyola High | Brea Olinda High | All video interviews
Day 2 Highlights
Serra (CA) won the girls 4x400 relay with a time of 3:47.12 and the boys relay with a time of 3:16.59.
Dana Hills outlasted Loyola in the boys DMR with a US#1 time of 10:08.2 with Loyola at US#2 10:09.4. Loyola anchor Elias Gedyon split 4:12.
The boys 3200 did not fail to disappoint with 10 under 9:00!! Ammar Moussa (CA) led the way with a winning time of 8:49.59. Matt Jablonski (MD) finished a strong 2nd in 8:50.80 for US#2 while Chris Walden (IN) was 3rd with a US#3 time of 8:51.59.
Jared Pickering won the boys 200m dash with a US#5 time of 21.13.
Harvard-Westlake ran away with the girls DMR to the 9th fastest All-Time clocking of 11:40.89 on the heels of a 4:50 anchor by Cami Chapus!! The Harvard-Westlake girls also broke the Arcadia Meet Record previously held by Corona Del Mar.
Alyssa Montever (CA) ran a new US#1 time of 41.90 in the girls 300 hurdles with Jordie Munford (CA) in 2nd with a US#2 time of 41.96.
Frosh Sarah Baxter (Simi Valley CA) put on an impressive show in the girls 3200 meter run with a US#1 clocking of 10:14.11!
Johnathan Cabral won the 300H to go with his 110 victory with a big US#1 time of 36.42.
The girls 800 was blazing with US#1-4 times! Savannah Camach won with a new US#1 clocking of 2:08.30 while Dynasty Gammage came up for 2nd with a US#2 time of 2:08.72. Samantha Levin was 3rd with a US#3 time of 2:09.48 while Shea Martinez was 4th with a US#4 time of 2:10.20.
Bernard Quinn (CA) won the boys 400m dash with a US#7 mark of 47.71.
Marquis Dendy (DE) won the boys long jump with a new US#1 mark of 24-09.75.
Myles Andrews (Poly CA) won the boys 800 run with a time of 1:52.50.
Trinity Wilson (CA) won the girls 100 hurdles with a new nation-leading time of 13.51.
Johnathan Cabral blasted his way to a 13.43 in the 110 hurdles to set the meet record and a new US#1.
Aaliyah Brown (IL) won the girls 100 meter dash with a time of 11.59 and the 200 meter dash with a time of 24.13.
George Farmer (Serra CA) won the boys 100 meter dash with a time of 10.62.
Amy Eloise-Neale (WA) made a late surge over the last 100 meters to win the girls Mile in a US#1 time of 4:48.01 over Alli Billmeyer (CA) and Maddie Meyers (WA).
Jantzen Oshier (CA) won the boys Mile in a blazing US#1 time of 4:06.81 to hold off a late charge by Matt Carpowich (CA), 2nd in a US#2 time of 4:07.15.
Long Beach Poly (CA) girls won the 4x100 with a US#3 time of 45.96.
Day 1 Highlights
- Gunnar Nixon (Santa Fe, OK) won his 2nd Arcadia decathlon breaking the international decathlon record with a total of 7577. More to come.
- Loyola (CA) won the boys 4x1600 relay with a time of 17:24.38 over Dana Hills, 17:25.60.
- Harvard-Westlake won the girls 1600 SMR with a US#1 time of 3:59.75.
- Long Beach Poly (CA) won the girls 4x200 relay with a US#1 time of 1:37.44.
- Xavier Prep (AZ) won the girls 4x800 relay with a US#3 time of 9:22.55.
- Redondo (CA) won the boys 4x800 in 7:55.01.
- Serra (CA) won the boys 800 SMR with a time of 3:32.84.
Texas Relays, TX
Day 2 Highlights
- Flower Mound Marcus (TX) wins the boys DMR with a powerful anchor leg by Craig Lutz, stopping the clock at 10:11.08, just off the meet record.
Bradley Sylve (LA) won the final of the 100m with a time of 10.30.
Day 1 Highlights
- The boys long jump was strong with two over 25'. Mykkele Thompson won the event with a leap of 25-02.25 and Jonathan Turner was 2nd in 25-00. The marks are US#1 and 2 all-conditions.
- Edmund Memorial won the boys 1600 SMR with a US#1 clocking of 3:28.29.
- Coppel won the girls 1600 SMR with a US#2 time of 4:05.32.
- Morgann Leleux (LA) set a meet record in the pole vault with a winning height of 13-05.
- Reese Watson won the pole vault with a 17-02 clearance, which was also matched by Andreas Duplantis in second.
- Craig Lutz (TX) won his 4th straight 3200 meter run with a time of 9:09.50. Lutz has a season-best time of 8:55 in the event.
- Georgetown won the boys 4x800 relay with a time of 7:53.13.
- Bradley Sylve (LA) rolled in the boys 100 meter dash with a prelim time of 10.18 (3.9 wind reading).
- Sandberg superstar Lukas Verbicas made his 2011 outdoor debut on the roads with a 2nd place showing of 23.55 behind Simon Bairu, 23.38!
- Cornwall (NY) hung on to win the DMR over Bronxville (NY) but the word is that Mary Cain split a 4:41 to give Cornwall anchor Aisling Cuffe a scare. Cornwall won with a US#1 time of 11:55.9 while Bronxville was 2nd with a US#2 time of 11:56.5.
- Chad Noelle, Green NY, set a new NY state record in the 2000 meter run with a time of 5:20.9. The time was also US#2 all-time behind Galen Rupp's 5:18.5 national record.
- LaSalle College HS won the boys DMR with a US#8 time of 10:18.28.
- Full coverage here
- Saturday Stories -
- Friday Stories
- Race Video
- Interviews: Brookwood 4x8 | Lakeside 4x8 | Wesley Edwards | Taina LaPorte |
- Taina LaPorte won the girls high jump with a leap of 5-8.
- Simone Glenn was the fastest out of the girls 200m prelims with a 24.54 clocking.
- Anthony Bynum was the quickest boys 200 qualifier with a time of 21.41.