2012 Indoor Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
- Tera Novy (Montesano WA) launched the shot put 48-08.75 to win against collegiate competition with a huge PR! We are awaiting word on what weight the shot put was that Tera used, but it looks likely that she used a collegiate weight. Stay tuned!
- Kristin Coffman won the 2nd heat of the 800 meter run with a time of 2:15.23.
- Foot Locker Champion Edward Cheserek (NJ) blasted an 8:43.16 for 2 miles, showing some incredible fitness for mid-January! The time is just 3 seconds off the national record that he went after last year at the Armory.
- Rachel Paul won the girls Invite 3000 with a time of 9:52.57, good for US#2.
- Xavier McCallister (Newburgh NY) won the high jump and tied the meet record with a leap of 6-9.
- Aldrich Bailey (Arlington TX) clocked a US#4 6.84 in the 60 meter hurdles. Later in the meet Bailey then rocked a US#2 All-Time 20.99 for 200 meters, continuing his streak of hot times in January!
- Devin Fields (Lancaster TX) rocked the runway to the tune of a 25-5.75 long jump performance, good for US#7 all-time! Fields also went US#1 in the triple jump with a winning leap of 49-8.25. And just as good on the track Fields smoked a US#1 7.91 clocking in the 60 meter hurdles.
- Trevor Gilley (Southlakes TX) smoked the boys 1 mile run with a time of 4:15.65, good for US#4.
- Sydney Conley (Fayetteville AR) won the girls long jump with a US#3 mark of 19-6.
- Tia Gamble (TX) won the 400 meter dash with a blazing 55.90, good for US#4!
- Rashaan Jones (South Lakes VA) makes VA history by clearing a US#1 7-00 height to become only the 7th Virginia athlete to clear the height!
- Foot Locker All-American Sean McGorty (Chantilly VA) won the mile run in a time of 4:19.31.
Photo by Patty Morgan
- Megan McCloskey (Germantown Academy SO) won the high jump with a US#1 5-8.25, an indoor PR by over two inches, and a PR by a quarter inch.