2012 Outdoor Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
- Cayla Hatton (Phillips Academy) won the college women's 10000m run with a super-fast 33:17.28 which meets the 'B' standard for the Olympic Trials and is just 32 seconds off the A' standard! The time is also US#2 All-Time and an age record for the fastest recorded by a 17 year old. A very impressive outing over the 25 lap distance! The race was a mixed race with the women and men running together. Cayle can be seen in light blue, tucked in at the back of the first men's pack.
Unofficial Splits for Cayla
5:19 - 1600m
10:36 - 3200m
16:30 - 5000m
21:10 - 6400m
26:30 - 8000m
33:17 - 10000m
- 5:19 - 1600m
Texas Relays, TX
. Shelbi is all smiles after her monster throw. (Photo by Rhonda Jo Walker)
Video Courtesy of Ricky Argro
- Marvin Bracy (Boone FL) blasted a 10.06w in the 100m dash, which is US#3 All-Time for wind-aided marks. Aldrich Bailey was 2nd with a time of 10.36.
- Jennifer Madu (Plano East) won the girls 100m dash with a time of 11.49.
- Madu also won the triple jump with a US#1 mark of 42-1, just ahead of Brianna Richardson (Rockwall Heath), US#2 42-00.
- Lancaster (TX) girls won the girls 4x100m relay with a time of 46.39.
- DeSoto (TX) boys won the 4x100m relay with a quick 40.92.
- DeSoto (TX) boys blazed to a US#6 All-Time mark in the 4x200m relay of 1:24.04!
- Shelbi Vaughan (Mansfield Legacy) won the girls shot put with a mark of 48-11.
- Lancaster won the girls 4x400m relay duel over DeSoto 3:44.67 to 3:46.54.
- Celina won the boys 4x400m relay in 3:14.08 and DeSoto was 2nd in 3:14.55. Mansfield Timberview was 3rd in 3:15.11 with Aldrich Bailey anchoring in a blistering 45.43 leg!
- Taije Jordan (Lancaster) won the girls 100H with a time of 13.61.
- Bryce Grace (Dallas Adams) won the boys 110H in 13.73 with a battle over Tequille Jackson (Lancaster), 13.74.
- Garland blazed in the girls 4x200m relay with a time of 1:36.55 over Lancaster, 1:36.87.
- Felix Obi (EP Franklin) won the boys triple jump with a mark of 50-01.
- Cinco Ranch won the boys 4x800m relay with a fast 7:51.69.
- Madi McLellan (The Woodlands) won the girls 3200m run with a time of 10:31.65.
- Shelbi Vaughan (Legacy, Mansfield, TX) broke the National High School Record in the discus today at Texas Relays. 191-6! The previous mark was 190-3 set by Anna Jelmini in 2009.
- Marvin Bracy (Boone FL) rolled to a 10.37 clocking in the boys 100m dash prelims. Tremayne Acy (DeSoto TX) won his heat with a time of 10.38w and Aldrich Bailey (Mansfield Timberview) won his heat in 10.38w as well. What a great final it is going to be!!
- Sydney Conley (Fayetteville) won the girls long jump with a mark of 20-3.00. Jennifer Madu (Plano East) was 2nd with a leap of 20-00.75.
- Shawn Barber (Kingwood Park) won the boys pole vault with a US#1 mark of 17-06.50. Dylan Bell (Alvarado) was 2nd in a US#2 mark of 17-02.75.
- Jennifer Madu (Plano East) was the fastest girls 100m runner in the prelims with a time of 11.51. Marika Brown (Little Elm) went 11.58.
- Alex Austin (San Marcos) rose to great heights with his winning high jump of 7-00.25. He is currently US#1 at 7-1. Victor Glaze (Killeen) was 2nd with a US#4 leap of 6-11.
- Joe Sansone (Southlake Carroll) won the boys 3200m run in a US#2 time of 9:09.24.
- Jessie Johnson (Argyle) won the girls pole vault with a US#1 leap of 13-01.50.
- Hayden Reed (Little Cypress) won the boys discus with a US#4 mark of 186-2.
- The Woodlands (TX) girls won a quick 1600m SMR over Lancaster (TX) 3:59.24 to 4:01.13.
- Humble Kingwood (TX) boys won the 1600m SMR with a time of 3:23.44 over Edmund Memorial with a time of 3:24.68.
- Southlake Carroll (TX) boys won the DMR with a US#1 mark of 10:10.19.
- The Woodlands (TX) girls won the DMR with a US#1 time of 12:00.64. Humble Kingwood (TX) was 2nd in a US#2 time of 12:05.32.
- Nick Hartle (Centennial NV) won the boys 1600m in 4:18.35 and the 3200m in 9:25.45 for a solid double.
- Durrell Mcdonald (Green Valley) went 6-10 to win the high jump.
- Teray Smith (American Heritage) won the 200m with a blazing 20.98 clocking.
- Deja Parrish (AH) won the girls 400m dash with a quick 53.34 and was 2nd in the 200m dash in 24.16.
- Teammate Diamond Spalding won the 200m dash in 24.13.
- Khadeeja Dooling (AH) won the girls 300H with a time of 42.13.
- Ryan Schnulle (Charlotte) won the boys 800 with a US#3 time of 1:51.90 over Otniel Teixeira (Lake Brantley), 1:52.61.
- Freshman Xavier Atkins (Spruce Creek) won the 100m dash with a time of 10.45, making him the top-ranked frosh in the country by far.
- Grosse Pointe South (MI) ran a very quick 9:03.74 for US#1 in the 4x800m relay.
- Tyler Schultz (Custer SD) won the shot put with a US#1 toss of 67-2. Tyler had thrown 65-7 at a mid-week meet, showing solid consistency.
- Kevin Allen (Campbell) won the boys discus with a US#2 toss of 197-7.
- Kendell Williams (Kell) had a stellar day, winning 3 events and setting two meet record. Kendell won the 100H with a time of 13.62 but ran 13.58 in the prelims, just missing her own meet record of 13.57. Kendell also took the high jump in a meet record clearance of 5-10 and the long jump with a meer record mark of 20-00.50.
- Walton girls won the 4x100m relay with a meet record time of 46.86.
- Amba Etta-tawo (McEachern) won the boys 100m dash with a meet record time of 10.53. He also won the 200m dash with a meet record time of 21.17.
- Michael Newton (Sprayberry) won the 400m dash with a time of 46.98, but posted a faster 46.93 in the prelims.
- Cameron Thornton (Whitefield) won the 800m run with a time of 1:52.71.
- McEachern won the boys 4x100m relay with a meet record time of 40.95.
- Amber Bryant-Brock (McEachern) won the girls 400m dash with a meet record time of 55.06.
PA Track Classic, PA
Kyle Long tosses the disc. (Photo by Don Rich)
Gerlach just ahead of Seykora. (Photo by Don Rich)
- Complete PA coverage article
- Photo Albums - Don Rich | Patty Morgan | Charles Stone
- Video Interviews
- Kyle Long (Hempfield) won the discus with a 188-4 toss.
- Tori Gerlach (Pennridge PA) won the 3200m run with a US#13 time of 10:40.01 over Maria Seykora (Notre Dame), 10:47.21.
- Emma Keenan (Gwynedd Mercy), typically an 800 runner, won the 400m dash with a time of 56.10.
- Jessie Merckle (Fort Cherry) improved her US#2 to 151-0 in the Javelin.
- Errin Baynes (Wheeling Park WV) cleared a US#13 6-10 in the High Jump.
- Vincent Tonzo (North Allegheny) ran a US#26 1:54.26 in the 800m run.
- Billy Stanley (South Park HS) already US#2 with 212-3, threw 203-8 in the javelin.
- Angel Piccirillo of Homer Center ran in her first outdoor meet since her 2nd place finish at New Balance Indoor Nationals. Kennedy Weisner of Elk County Catholic gave Piccirillo some incredible competition, leading to some great performances for both athletes. In the 1600 meter run, Piccirillo ran a state leading 4:53.43 to hold off Weisner by .19 seconds! Their performances are US#2 and US#3 respectively! In the 800 meter run, Piccirillo won by nearly 3 seconds over Weisner, running 2:15.37.
- Dewayne Reed (Thibodaux) won the long jump with a US#2 mark of 24-7.5.
- Star miler Jacob Burcham (Cabell Midland WV) won 3 events with 3 meet records, highlighted by his 1600m win in a US#4 4:11.49. He also won the 800m in 1:56.19 and anchored the winning 4x400m relay team.
Raleigh Relays, NC
- Foot Locker All-American Thomas Graham (Cary Academy NC) ran a #15 All-Time 14:11.66 for 5000m in the College Section 2 race.
- Wesley Frazier (Ravenscroft NC) ran a nation-leading time of 10:21.84 in the 3200m run.
- Jacob Sears (Panther Creek) won the boys 3200m with a time of 9:11.51.
Streisel at the PIAA Championships in 2012. (File photo by Charles Stone)
- Christine Streisel (Tamaqua PA) popped a big US#1 performance in the javelin with a mark of 160-11. The distance is US#19 All-Time.