2012 Outdoor Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
- Izaic Yorks (Lakes) put himself into the national picture with an eye-popping 1600m performance. Yorks ran 4:04.00 in the race for a new US#1, overtaking fellow Washingtonian Marcus Dickson, who now sits at US#2.
- Edward Cheserek (St. Benedict's Prep) had a very impressive triple. He won the 3200m run with a time of 9:03.51, the 1600m run with a time of 4:11.35 and the 800m run with a swift 1:49.98 clocking!
- Brianna Nerud (NY) won the 3000m Steeplechase with a US#2 All-Time clocking of 10:19.91.
- Cayla Hatton (MA) ran another 10000m run, this time finishing 5th in a time of 34:19.52.
- Brad Nye (Davis) won 3 events to help the Davis boys win the team title. He took the 800m run in 1:52.69, the 1600m run in 4:19.74 and the 3200m run in 9:19.74.
- Shea Martinez (Davis) was a big part of leading the girls team to victory with a time of 4:56.10 in the 1600m run and a time of 11:06.84 in the 3200m run.
- Cole Lambourne was impressive in the sprints, winning the 200m dash in 21.61 and the 400m dash in 47.85. Riverton also won the 4x400m relay title.
Colorado State Championships, CO
Webb on his way to the 800m record. (Photo by Jeff McCoy)
- Photo Albums
- Video Footage
- 1A Recap
- 2A Recap
- 3A Recap
- 4A Recap
- 5A Recap
- Fort Collins boys won the team title and the sprints helped tremendously. Raymond Bozman won the 100m dash in 10.51, the 200m dash in 21.42 and the 400m dash in 47.19.
- Dior Hall suffers an injury in the 100H but wins the prelims with ease in 13.31.
- Alleandra Watt, just a frosh, won the 100m dash in 11.79 and the 200m dash in 24.11.
- Devan Foster, a soph from Arapahoe, won the 800m run in an impressive 2:10.50 and also took the 1600m run in 4:59.68.
- Kirk Webb (Monarch) won the 800m run with a 5A state record and fastest in CO by a high schooler with a time of 1:51.75. He also won the 1600m run with a time of 4:17.41.
- The weekend was kind to Kadecia Baird as she won the 100m dash with a quick 11.68 clocking and also won the 200m dash with a US#8 time of 23.69.
- Medgar Evers also won the 4x100m relay with Baird on the squad with a time of 47.09.
- Boys & Girls swept the boys 400m dash with Robert Rhodes winning in 48.20, Richard Rose 2nd in 49.45 and Joel Johnson 3rd in 49.63.
- Robert Rhodes also blasted a 1:53.86 to win big in the 800m run.
- Erik Harris (Twin Falls) won the boys 3200m run with a quick 9:04.13. Dallin Farnsworth was 2nd in 9:14.90.
- Dallin Farnsworth (Highland) won the 1600m run with a time of 4:16.50.
- Thomas Rigby (Boise Senior) edged Harris in the 800m run 1:53.58 to 1:53.86.
- Emily Nist (Bishop Kelly) won the girls 3200m run with a time of 10:45.66.
Perry and Engels accepting their MVP awards.
- The girls MVP was Alexis Perry (Jordan) who won the HJ in 5-08, the LJ in 18-05 and finished 2nd in the 100H in 13.85w.
- The boys MVP was Craig Engels (Reagan) who won the 800m run in 1:54.43, the 1600m in 4:18.24 and anchored the 4x800m relay with a time of 7:50.60.
- Shelby Howell (New Hanover) won the 800m run with a NC state record of 2:11.99.
- Sammy George (Millbrook) won the 1600m run with a time of 4:51.54, a NC state record.
- Alexis Murphy (Apex) took double gold with wins in the 100m dash (11.66w) and 200m dash (23.96).
- Mollie Williams (Clayton) won the 100H in 13.66w but had a legal 13.70 in the prelims.
- Wakefield girls won the 4x400m relay with a NC state record time of 3:47.72, and also finished 2nd in the 4x200m relay in 1:40.27.
- Parkland girls won the 4x200m relay in 1:39.62 and took the 4x100m relay in 47.73. The teams were all 9th and 10th graders!
- Kwame Donyinah (Myers Park) won the 400m dash in a fast US#3 46.48.
- Wakefield won the girls team title.
- Knightdale won the boys team title.
- Nick Hartle (Centennial) put his mind to it, and wound up with 4 state titles, a typically difficult feat for a distance runner, especially when one of the races is the 400! Hartle won the 400 with a very quick 47.79, the 800m in 1:53.53, the 1600m in 4:18.03 and the 3200m run in 9:28.27.
- Ashley Blake (Liberty) won the shot put with a state record mark of 50-6.
- Gabrielle Williams (Reed) was impressive, winning the high jump in 5-11, the 100H in 14.11 and the 300H in 42.85.
CIF Southern Section Finals, CA
- Kaitlyn Merritt (Santa Margarita) won the girls pole vault with a freshman national record clearance of 13-3!
- Jordie Munford (Rancho Cucamonga) won the girls 300H in a US#2 time of 41.37.
- Arianna Washington (Long Beach Poly) rolled to a US#3 11.45 in the 100m dash.
SD Class A Region 8 Meet, SD
- Tyler Schultz (Custer) won the boys shot put with a US#1 mark of 70-6, breaking his own state record in the process.
MHSAA Region 6-1 Championships, MI
- Erin Finn (West Bloomfield) posted some fast times, winning both the 1600m and 3200m runs. In the 1600m Erin ran 4:55.48 for an easy win and then in the 3200m run she went 10:22.40 to win by nearly a minute.
- In Class B action Cody Rush (Northwest) set the state record in the prelims with a monster 47.04 clocking and then came back in the finals to win the state title in 47.30! Rush added a 200m title as well with a winning time of 21.58.
- Northwest won the 4x400m relay championship with a winning time of 3:21.93.
- In Class A action Stacy Keely (Omaha Northwest) won the high jump with a leap of 6-10.
- Kenzo Cotton (Papillion La Vista) won the 200m dash with a state record clocking of 21.30.
- Mohamed Hamdan (Lincoln North Star) won the boys 1600m run in 4:14.38.
- Nathan Weitz (Shadle Park) ran an impressive double, taking the 1600m run in 4:13.04 and the 3200m run in 8:56.84.
- Katie Knight (North Central) won the 1600m run in 4:56.42 and the 3200m run in 10:38.29.
Eddy Games, NY
- Kyle Plante (Colonie) won the 400m dash in 54.43 and the 200m dash in 23.98, but her most impressive run came in the 4x400m relay, which Colonie won. Plante hit the afterburners at 200m and finished with a split of 52.6 for the win.
- Zavon Watkins (Liverpool) had a busy day, winning the 800m run in 1:52.82 and anchoring both the SMR team (3:31.9) and 4x400 team to victory. He split 48.9 in the 4x400.
- Shaker girls won the SMR with a time of 4:02.53, securing a spot at the NBON, paid for by New Balance. LIverpool boys get the same deal as well.
PA District Championships, PA
The girls 4x800 was an epic battle with both teams under 9:06!
D1 AAA Highlights
- Strath Haven girls won the 4x800m relay with a meet record time of 9:04.65 with West Chester Henderson 2nd in 9:05.18, setting up quite a battle for the state championships.
- Emma Keenan (Gwynedd Mercy) won the 800m run with a meet record clocking of 2:08.08.
- Drew Magaha (Upper Moreland) broke his own meet record in the 1600m run with a solid 4:08.94 clocking, closing in 56.5.
- Tori Gerlach (Pennridge) won the 3200m run with a meet record 10:24.19 and the 1600m with a time of 4:53.18, asserting favorite status for the upcoming state meet.
D6 AA Highlights
- Angel Piccirillo (Homer Center) won the 1600m run (4:48.25), the 800m run (2:12.48), anchored the 4x400 to 2nd with a 56 split and anchored the 4x800 to 3rd place finish.
D12 AA Highlights
- Swenson boys rolled in the 4x400m relay with a swift winning time of 3:16.97.
D12 AAA Highlights
- Jada Steward won the 100m dash in 11.86 and the 200m dash in 24.56.
- Class A live highlights
- Class AA live highlights
- Class A coverage article
- Video coverage and interviews
- Photo album by Jonathan Grooms
- Jacob Thomson (Holy Cross) won 3 events in impressive fashion, taking the 1600m in 4:10.80, the 800m in 1:57.38 and the 3200m run in 9:44.58.
Burcham winning the 3200m. (Photo by Rollie Jacobs)
- Jacob Burcham (Cabell Midland) steamrolled the 3200m run, winning solo with a time of 8:57.73 clocking. On Saturday he then added the 1600m win with a time of 4:08.81 and the 800m win with a time of 1:54.01. It is the 2nd straight year he was won all the events.
- Cabell Midland also won the 4x800m relay with a time of 7:55.98.
Illinois Girls State Championships, IL
- Wheaton girls snagged a new US#1 time in the 4x800m relay of 8:59.03 and became the first team in Illinois history to get under the 9 minute barrier. Glen Ellyn finished 2nd with an also impressive time of 9:00.72.
- Kaylee Flanagan (Lake Park) won the girls 3200m run with a time of 10:30.47. Ariel Michalek (East) finished 2nd with a time of 10:33.53.
- Morolake Akinosun (Waubonsie Valley) upset Aaliyah Brown (Lincoln-Way East) in the 100m run with a time of 11.41 to 11.67. Brown snagged the 200m victory with a time of 24.18.
- Courtney Clayton (Hononegah) rolled in the 800m run with a winning time of 2:08.48. Lindsay Rakosnik (Glenbard East) was 2nd in 2:09.23.
- Margaret Bamgbose (Evanston) won the 300H with a huge US#1 time of 41.11.
- Charday Crawford (Southeast) won the girls 100m dash with an impressive 11.48 clocking. Crawford also won the 200m dash in 24.14.
- Shamier Little (Lindblom) won the 400m dash with a record time of 54.19 and the 300H, also with a record time of 42.80.
- Richton Park girls won the 4x400m dash with a record time of 3:52.64.
- Kandie Bloch (Oreana) won the high jump with an impressive 5-10 clearance.
- In friday prelims there were quite a few fast races. In the 1600m run Sydni Meunier recorded the fastest time with a quick 4:50.75.
- In the girls 800m run Angel Gaesser was fastest in 2:11.85 with Sydni Meunier 2nd in 2:12.32.