2012 Cross Country Highlights
- US#1 Erin Finn (West Bloomfield) won her rust-buster with a blazing 17:39 victory, winning by 1:24 over her nearest competitor.
- US#5 Carmel guys went 6-7-8-9-11 to win the meet 41-51 over Westfield. Troy Reeder won the race in a time of 15:36, winning by 15 seconds.
- The US#11 Carmel girls also won the meet with 26 points over Hamilton Southeastern. Kelcy Walsh led Carmel finishing first with a time of 18:38. They also had runners finish 2-5-7-11.
- US#23 American Fork (UT) won in convincing fashion over in-state rival US#8 Davis (UT) with a new team record time of 51:46. Davis was 2nd in a #3 all-time mark of 52:33. Mountain View (UT) was 3rd, turning in a #7 all-time clocking of 53:21.
- Jake Heslington (Timpanogos) won the race with a #2 all-time clocking of 9:57 over the 2 mile course hay bale jumps at 4670 feet of elevation. Connor McMillan (American Fork) was 2nd in 10:07, #8 all-time.
- Davis girls won the team race with a #2 all-time clocking of 62:41 over Mountain Crest, 2nd with a #5 all-time clocking of 63:46.
- Summer Harper (Orem) won the girls 2 mile race with a time of 11:36.
- Brad Hort (McIntosh) and teammate Sidney Speir roll to 1st and 2nd times of 15:30.91 and 15:35.12. McIntosh won the team title with 53 points and a 16:07.44 team average.
- Annie Kelly (Milton) won the girls race with a swift 17:55.60 clocking. Kathryn Foreman (Landmark Christian) was 2nd in 18:09.34. Milton also won the team title with 64 points.
Arroyo won the his first race of the season and sits at #13 nationally.
- Photo Albums: Donald Lamb (600+) | Raul Ramirez (100+)
- Race Footage and Interviews by Todd Grasley
- Full Recap Article
- US#13 Andres Arroyo, Colonial, won the boys race easily in a self-described rust-buster with a time of 16:04.20.
- US#2 Grosse Pointe South (MI) girls won with ease with 45 points, and without the Meier twins and Ersula Farrow.
Tiger Run, KY
Thomson driving toward the finish. (Photo by Jonathan Grooms)
Leiher crusing at the 2 mile mark. (Photo by Jonathan Grooms)
- US#15 Jacob Thomson, Holy Cross, won his season opener with a time of 15:25 over Patrick Gregory who was 2nd in 15:35.
- Sydney Leiher, OH, won the girls race with a time of 18:27.
- Bakri Abushouk (Cary) won the boys race in 15:20 over Jack Manesiotis (Hilton Head) second in 15:22 and Tony Morales (Lexington), who was third in 15:26.
- Megan Sullivan (Broughton) won the girls race with a time of 18:12 over Sydney Foreman (Ardrey Kell) who was 2nd in 18:14..
- US#11 Carmel Girls won over West Lafayette with a score of 27-36 with the top-4 girls going 2,3,4,5.
- Bobbie Burgess of West Lafayette won the race in 18:31.90 with Carmel's Haley Harris 2nd in 18:43.80.
- Jackson Bertoli (Terre Haute) won the boys race by 30 seconds with a time of 15:46.90.
Dekalb Classic, IN
- US#4 Ashley Erba wins easily with a time of 18:12, 59 seconds ahead of the second place finisher.
- US#24 Elijah Armstrong wins by 26 seconds in a time of 16:18.
- Carl Hirsch, WI, ran 15:22 which was the fastest time in the nation headed into this weekend.
- US#22 Julia Bos, Grand Rapids Christian, shattered the course record by thirty seconds running 17:26.7 to crush the field in the girls red race.